Moving a Local site isn’t super easy, but it’s at least easy to follow these instructions
Here’s how to move a site to a different path:
- Copy the site folder(s) to the new locations you’d like them
- Checkout/clone the Local Add-on repo for Volumes - https://github.com/getflywheel/local-addon-volumes to the ~/Library/Application Support/Local by Flywheel/addons/local-addon-volumes folder
- Enable the add-on ‘Volumes Manager’ then restart Local
- Go into each site that you want to move and start them
- Go to the More > Volumes section of the site info
- Adjust the directory path easily by changing the values on the left side, then click ‘Remap Volumes’
- Local will provision the updated mappings
- After doing this for all of the sites you want to move/change, edit the ~/Library/Application Support/Local by Flywheel/sites.json file and adjust the ‘path’ strings there too.
Now you’ve moved the site location, and you haven’t completely borked your Local config!