Pre-Release Date: November 30th, 2017
Operating Systems: macOS & Windows
Available via Auto Updater: This pre-release will skip the auto-updater.
- SHA1: 4c5202bad546cdc3ab51a007ec4cdad2b3c1a88b
- SHA1: ca759d696b463cdb5161f5866b0d4479450da9bd
What’s New in 2.2.0 (Pre-release)
Faster Docker Volumes Version 2 (Experimental)
After many months of development, Faster Docker Volumes Version 2 is now available for testing!
FDVv2 removes the need for the native NFS server in macOS and SMB on Windows. Here are the main benefits of FDVv2:
- macOS: Fixes auto-updater bug with WordPress
macOS: Eliminates the possibility of NFS conflicts in the
- Windows: FDV is now enabled by default on Windows
- Windows: No longer requires an additional Windows user for the SMB share
- No longer requires admin priveledges
- When Local is closed, the servers that power FDVv2 are automatically shut down
- PHP 7.2.0 is now available for the Custom environment!
- Closing out of Local will now prompt you with a confirmation dialog. Answering “Yes” will close Local and shut down Local’s virtual machine.
- MySQL 5.6 is now automatically selected when importing a “Preferred” site into the “Custom” environment
- Local now adds IPv6 entries to the
hostsfile to avoid IPv6 DNS delays
- Fixed an issue where
node_moduleswould be pushed to Flywheel if there were hidden files in those directories