Note: Local has come a long way since this was first posted and mostly just works for importing sites. Have a look at our help doc for more current information:
The below information is being kept for history:
In case you are seeing a “Container Missing” error or are just needing to restore a Local site from an existing Local site folder, here’s how:
Note: There must be SQL files present in
app/sql in order for this to work. Otherwise, the database won’t be able to be restored.
- Rename all of the folders in your Local Sites folder to something like
- If the site still exists in Local with a “Container Missing” error, delete it.
- Create new sites for each using the existing domains and paths. So, if it was
sitebefore, you’ll use
- Browse back to the Local Sites folder and delete the newly created
sitefolder and rename
site. This is done because you can’t create sites over site folders that already exist.
- Right-click on the site in Local and go to “Open Site SSH”
myloader -p root -d /app/sql --overwrite-tables --database local… This will load in the SQL files in /app/sql
- Check the site and make sure it looks right